Saturday, September 7, 2013

36 Weeks!



Well, it's official. I am NINE months pregnant. Not quite sure I'll fit into that t-shirt above by next weekend, so I figured I should give it as much as wear as I could today. Although we didn't look very impressive out there on the field this afternoon.....GO GREEN!

The newest thing I've learned about being pregnant....apparently getting up to go to the bathroom at 3am means that you just might be up for the rest of the day! I found myself in this predicament Thursday night (Friday morning). I started my day at 3am...and let me tell you, I was one tired lady last night. I wasn't uncomfortable and the baby wasn't bothering me, I just couldn't fall back asleep. I really hope this doesn't continue to be a normal occurrence otherwise my co-workers are in for a real treat. I've also learned that random people are REALLY nice to pregnant people. It's quite refreshing. I get lots of random smiles and people opening and holding doors for me. You'd hope this would be a norm for society, but let me tell you, I don't think I ever got this kind of treatment not pregnant. Or maybe I was moving too fast to notice ;)

I'm definitely finding that things are taking me a longer to do, but I am being completely stubborn about this whole "slowing down" thing. There is so much else to do other than just sit. Andy scolds me on a daily basis and thinks that if he sits and does nothing for a hot minute, that I am going to follow his lead. I usually last about 5 minutes before I'm up finding something to occupy me and he starts yelling at me to sit back down. I think I am incapable of sitting still for long periods of time...it's just not my style. Other than that, we are trying to remain stress-free and not get too anxious about this little babes arrival. He/she will be here before we know it and at just the right time (whatever time that may be)!

Things to note from this week:
• We got Baby G's stroller from my parents! It's all loaded up and ready to go. We can't wait to start taking walks around the neighborhood, and Roxy is pretty excited as well (see below).
• Total weight gain is up to about 23 pounds
• I got the car seat base installed in my car this morning all by myself! It's a bit trickier the first time around than you would think...
• We started our birthing classes on Tuesday and I realized that I know much more about this whole having a baby thing than I thought I did. They also tried teaching us a relaxation method for these last couple weeks (and for laboring, if needed)...you can imagine how well I did with that. Until next week...XO!



No comments:

Post a Comment